2 cups all-purpose flour 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda 1⁄2 teaspoon salt 3⁄4 cup butter, melted 1 cup packed brown sugar 1⁄2 cup white sugar 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 egg 1 egg yolk 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon or just the mixer who cares it won’t actually matter
- Ball cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart or 1 tbsp (the bigger spoon) Inch and a half apart
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.