Whole milk Kraft Deluxe sliced American cheese Black pepper Dijon mustard Pasta. (whatever you like. Shells spirals, rotini, whatever) butter
- heat 1 quart (4 cups) milk
- [med heat, never let boil]
- Add half to one whole stick of butter
- Quarter the cheese and slowly added the small squares of the sliced cheese, stirring almost constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Water a pot of water and bring to a rolling boil
- you should be about halfway through adding the cheese when the water is ready
- Add a pinch pinch of black pepper and a big squirt of Dijon. Probably about two to two and a half tablespoons each.
- Boil the pasta for 5 minutes, no more no less
- preheat oven to 350
- The pasta should be ready by the time all the cheese is added and melted.
- Turn off heat, strain pasta,
- Pour half cooked pasta into a large casserole dish. Grease or spray it first but honestly it doesn’t matter.
- Pour the cheese sauce into the pasta inside the casserole dish.
- It should be very soupy at this point.
- Stir to cover all the Mac
- Bake at 350 for 45m. If you want crispy bits, leave it uncovered. If you want consistent texture, cover before cooking.
- Optional: After you remove from oven, sprinkle shredded cheddar over the top.
- Required: let it sit. Let it cool down. This dish reheats extremely well. As soon as it comes out of the oven the sauce isn’t quite done yet. It will appear as if the sauce as broken and the milk as curdled - it hasn’t. Let it cool off before you serve and eat.