(not all are necessary):
Garlic Onions or shallots or whatever you have on hand. herbs de provence - substitute with whatever herbs you have on hand ginger (powder or grated) chicken stock (or bouillon. I dont care) Chicken thighs (again, use the whole bird, I prefer thighs for this) Veg washed, rough rough chopped, trimmed, etc. (Carrots, Celery, Baby bokchoy, spinach, radishes, beets, whatever you pull up from the garden, whatever you have on hand)
- sauté shallots, garlic, ginger with butter or oil
- add herbs + cumin to sauté
- add chicken and veg then hit it with salt and pepper until right after the point you feel that might have been too much
- add stock/broth/enough water to cover everything about two knuckles deep. Eyeball it. Don’t stick your finger in the pot.
- Bring to a boil, add the rest of your veg, then simmer forever.
Poke the chicken with a fork, did it shred immediately? If not keep simmering. Once it does, enjoy whenever.