1 ½ cups flour 3 ½ tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt 1 tbsp sugar 1 ¼ cups milk 1 egg 3 tbsp butter, melted Cap-full of vanilla (not required) A big pinch of cinnamon (not required)
- Beat egg, then add wet ingredients
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients
- combine the wet and dry bowls. Do not over stir and this may take some trial and error. Mix until theres no raw flour but you feel like 3 more turns will finish it. Don’t finish mixing at that point.
- Pan greased with bacon fat or butter, get it hot but not enough for the butter to burn.
- I use a quarter cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the pan but it’s never exact. Go with your heart
- Once you see bubbles kind of form, flip once.
- with a wide spatula sneak a peek under the pancake. Once you realize you’ll never be able to actually see how done it is, flip it.
- Stack pancakes on a plate, adding a pad of butter between each as you cook the rest.